After all, somebody has to read this ...
Weve been following our rumpled yellow-haired
hero ever since early 2001,
when he lost his motel along with everything else but the
red hooded sweatshirt on his back in a poker game. Hes
been bouncing around through several different dimensions ever
since. Mel returns for episode 33 next month. Meanwhile ...
it is, the incredible Post-Holiday Mel Extravaganza!
That's right. Now's the chance to show off your knowledge
of the big guy, and win prizes to boot. Answer the following questions
correctly and e-mail your answers
by Jan. 15. First place takes home an autographed original manuscript
page (my autograph the one with Gary Hoey's is not up for
grabs). Second place will be treated to my new signature libation,
"The Black Friday." This contest is not open to employees
of nwdrizzle, but their families are eligible. After all, somebody
has to read this, even if it is me own mudder and fadder! Minors
and people outside of the PDX area will receive an alternate prize.
Without further adieu, here are the stumpers!
1. Despite secretly professing to a love of rum &
Tab, Mel drinks what beverage most often throughout his adventures?
2. What alternate Portland does Mel spend the least
amount of time in?
3. What important Vietnam conflict did Mel fight in?
4. Although a master blackmailer, Mel practices his
craft on only one person to date. What was the unlucky fellow's
5. According to the well-known metaphor, what base
have Mel and Anne gotten to?
6. While making ends meet, what does Mel steal from
7. What do Dean and Cheldelin owe the Master?
8. Even though it is described as "very tasty,"
Mel refuses to eat what part of a chicken?
9. Mel does two celebrity impressions during his adventures.
10. According to Vlad the Impaler, what is the secret
11. Two godlike beings threaten Mel with opposite
ends of a household item. What is it?
answers by Jan. 15. Good luck!